Summer Short And Sweets – Week 8 The Final Week!
Your challenge for today is to take a good look at the picture below.
Woweekazowee! That is some picture isn’t it?
Now, in the comments, you may write your choice of the following:
1. A pitch for a children’s story, any level (please specify PB (picture book), ER (early reader), CB (chapter book), MG (middle grade), or YA (young adult)) based on the picture, in the manner of Short & Sweet Week 6
2. The first 50-100 words (or more or less – whatever gets the creative juices flowing) of a children’s story, any level, (please specify PB, ER, CB, MG, YA) based on the picture.
3. The last 50-100 words (again, more or less is fine – whatever works for you :)) of a children’s story, any level (please specify PB, ER, CB, MG, YA) based on the picture.
4. Choose a character (there are at least 10 possibilities!) from the picture and introduce us to him or her – who he/she is, where he/she came from, how he/she got into this situation – a character sketch of sorts.
5. Choose a character and give us a one paragraph synopsis of the story told by the picture from his/her point of view.
6. The title of the story told by this picture – give us a good one! 🙂 (and again please specify level)
Now then, back to the matter at hand – today’s Short & Sweet. Pick whichever of the 7 options above inspires you most. I’m hoping with 7 options and that amazing picture you will find something inspiring 🙂
Thank You Heather for giving us such a beautiful painting and sparking our imaginations…
‘A Day in the Life of Gertrude’… ‘a Wizard’…
|badge created by Loni Edwards|